- We have adopted this Policy in accordance with Australian Privacy Law.
- This Policy outlines how we deal with Personal Information on this website, our social media channels and email lists (collectively, "the Platforms").
Collection of Information
- We collect Personal Information directly when an individual:
- Contacts us by telephone, email, online form or another form of communication.
- Registers or accesses a user account.
- Posts content on the Platforms.
- We may also indirectly collect Personal Information about individuals who do not use or access the Platforms.
- Log details about website visits and other activities, including page views, page referrers, features accessed, clicking, opening or interacting with an email or electronic message and similar usage data.
- Information about an individual’s location (when enabled on the user’s device).
- Information about the user’s device including make, model, operating system, internet browser and IP addresses.
- Disabling Cookies in your internet browser settings.
- Turning off location services on your device.
- Unsubscribing from an email or electronic message subscription.
- However, if you disable Cookies:
- We may not be able to provide the Platforms to you.
- The functionality and features of the Platforms may be reduced.
Collecting information from third parties
We collect Personal Information from third parties when:
- Individuals link their account on the Platforms with accounts on social networks or other third-party services (where available).
- Third parties give us access to files or data containing Personal Information.
- We conduct research on individuals, including potential customers.
Organisations may use our Platforms to collect Personal Information.
- We provide the Platforms to Organisations, who may collect Personal Information, including when a user accesses a website provided by the Organisation (eg by clicking a hyperlink to the Organisation’s website from the Platform).
Types of Information that we collect and hold
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- (Content) Personal Information included in content individuals enter using the Platforms.
- (Identity Information) Name, date of birth, bank account and payment details, family details, employment details, educational qualifications, usernames.
- (Contact Information) Email address, social media profiles, telephone numbers, third-party usernames, physical and postal addresses.
- (Behaviour Information) Habits, movements, trends, decisions, associations, memberships, finances, purchases.
- (Internet Data) Webpage views, IP address, referring web site addresses, location, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and other data typically collected by analytics services like Google Analytics.
- Australian Privacy Law categorises certain types of Personal Information as "sensitive information". We do not actively collect sensitive information, but information that individuals post using the Platforms may fall into this category.
How we store Personal Information
- We store Personal Information using:
- Third party data storage services, including applications and software.
- Website hosting accounts and online storage.
- Devices operated by employees of our business.
- We will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from unauthorised access. This includes measures to secure our physical facilities and electronic networks.
- We secure Personal Information that we collect with credentials, passwords, pins, encryption, session expiry, firewalls, SSL network encryption, and through the use of reputable vendors.
- For more information on security, please contact us using the details in the "Contacting Us" section below.
- We may delete Personal Information if a user closes their account with us.
Why data is held, used and disclosed.
Our handling of Personal Information includes holding, using and sometimes sharing the Personal Information so that we can:
- Provide functionality, notifications and support services within the Platforms.
- Transact with individuals and process payments.
- Assess and improve the Platforms.
- Provide secure access to the Platforms.
Disclosing Personal Information
- We may share Personal Information with others in the following ways:
- Displaying information about individuals on pages, profiles and accounts within the Platforms.
- Showing usernames and contact details on forums, comments, messages and correspondence within the Platforms.
- Processing sales, inquiries and payments.
- From time to time, we may provide aggregated data to third-parties under commercial arrangements for the purpose of market research or advertising. However, such data is deidentified and does not identify any individual.
- When we use the services of companies that we work with to provide the Platforms, they may get access to certain data, including Personal Information. Such third-party services may include:
- (Hosting) cloud and web hosting service providers.
- (SaaS) providers of software as a service.
- (Support) providers of IT support services, web and software development.
- (Data analytics) data analytics providers such as Google Analytics (see http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ ).
- (Online payment) providers of online payment systems and payment gateways.
- We will only share Personal Information with these third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to perform their functions.
- These third parties may have their own privacy and security policies which govern their use of personal information.
Disclosing information overseas
- We may store or process some Personal Information overseas.
- You may not have the same rights relating to their information when it is overseas as you would under Australian Privacy Law. By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to overseas recipients as contemplated by this Policy. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be accountable for overseas recipients’ handling of Personal Information.
- You may contact us using the details below if you want to access, correct or delete Personal Information or lodge a complaint.
The Privacy Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- We reserve the right to refuse access or correction where there are reasonable grounds for doing so; for example, if providing access would be unlawful or would compromise the privacy of another person.
- If you have a complaint about privacy, you may contact us using the details listed above.
- We will respond to complaints in writing within a reasonable period (usually within 5 business days after the date we receive your complaint).
- We will endeavour to work with you to resolve your complaint within a reasonable time, depending on the nature of the complaint.
- If you are unsatisfied with our response, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au/).
- Australian Privacy Law means laws relating to privacy and the handling of Personal Information that apply in Australia, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Cookie means files containing data or code, which may include a unique identifier, that is stored on a user’s device or computer to facilitate the use of our website or the Service.
- Organisation means third party organisations using our Platforms.
- Personal Information means information about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from that information.
- We, Us, Our means Be.Radiant Pty Ltd ABN 65 672 797 306.
- This Policy is governed by the law of Queensland, Australia. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts and tribunals in that place to hear and determine any matter or dispute arising under this Policy.
- We may amend this Policy at our sole discretion by posting an updated copy of this Policy on our website. If you have an account with us for the Service, we may also display an updated copy of this Policy within your account or notify you via email to the email address associated with your account.
- If you continue to use the Platforms or access our website after receiving notice from us of such an amendment, then you will be taken to agree to be bound by the Policy as amended.